VAF Industries is a woman owned (WBE#15060226) family business that was founded in 2011 with the vision of producing innovative products that are field tested, third party certified and affordable for the utility industry.
We got our start in the utility industry as a subcontractor working for a large Southern California Power company where we were fortunate enough to work in the field with the line crews. This gave us special insight into some of the issues and needs that they were dealing with on a daily basis. As an example, one of the first problems we found they were having was the constant replacement of guy wire anchors due to corrosion. In an effort to solve this problem, we designed a solid Stainless Steel Anchor system. Our Stainless Steel system protects the anchor (and Rod) from virtually all soil conditions and the circular base plate provides over 20% more surface area than the standard “cross plate” design. This is now the standard for all transmission anchors installed by this utility company.
The rest of our products came about in a similar fashion. We talk (and listen) to the people in the field and help figure out what their needs are and then develop products to fit those needs. Some of those products are as follows:
- Insulator Stretcher used for an easier and safer way of installing large and heavy strands of insulators.
- Tamper Resistant Security Nuts (part #SN58…) used to deter theft and vandalism.
- Pole Base Safety Caps (part #SC205…) used to lock down pole base nuts without the need for “tac” welding.
- Aerial Tool Baskets used to haul tools and supplies into hard to access areas.
- Utility Pole and Tower Climbing Steps w/ Built in Fall Arrest Loop (part #1002 and #1005) designed to create a stronger Step that meets new OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Removable Climbing Steps (part #1024P…) used to prevent unauthorized access by removing the step from the (permanently attached) receiver when authorized climbers leave the pole.
We are proud of our growing company and promise to continue developing quality products to meet the ever changing needs of this industry and our customers. View our Capabilities Statement here.